Tuesday 8 July 2014

White sauce sandwich (mmm.., delicious)

So my aunt asked me to cook something for her (face-palm, I can't cook), but being a really optimistic person i thought why not try? Being a lazy bum i chose an easy recipe. (easy and yum <3)
Well, here it is.

Ingredients needed:

1. Butter/Ghee - 3 tablespoon
2. Refined flour/Maida - 2 teaspoon
3. Milk - 3 cups
4. black pepper - however you like (I used 1 teaspoon)
5. Boiled sweet corn - 1.5
6. Grinded boiled corn - 0.5
7. Bread slices
8. Cheese

Steps:
 
1.In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat.
2. Add the flour and keep mixing till the raw smell of the flour is gone and a nice nutty aroma comes.
3. Add warm milk little by little and keep mixing the mixture.
4. Add salt, pepper and other optional ingredients (if you are adding) and bring it to a boil.
5. Simmer for 2-3 minutes and then add grinded corn and sweet corn to it.
6. Let it boil for 5 minutes or so and then let it cool. (It gets thick as it cools down)
7. Put a layer of it over a bread slice and grate the cheese over it.
8. Then put it in a sandwich maker. I personally like to make the sandwich in a pan using butter. And that's it :D

Super easy right? And damn its delicious :D I just love cheese <3

I hope you liked it.
Thanks for reading.

Love,
Prerna

No comments:

Post a Comment